Building futures through a strong diverse Year 7 and 8 programme.
What are the benefits of experiencing Year 7 and 8 at a full primary?
At Green Island School, we recognise the growing maturity and capability of our students at this level of the school. We believe a full primary experience offers the best of both worlds; the supportive personal experience in a familiar setting and new experiences outside of our school. This smooths the transition between childhood and young adulthood. This can be a turbulent time for young people, a sudden and complete change of environment can add to the challenges of this time in life.
Green Island School has given me:
- A safe environment.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Maturity and an understanding of others.
- Strategies to be a leader not a boss.
- Strategies to face problems and control my emotions.
- Friendships and independence.
(Reflections of past Year 7 & 8 students)
GIS Tool Kit for the Future
We build successful 21st century citizens through:
- Strong Literacy and Numeracy Programmes.
- Inquiry Based Learning
- Continuity from Year 6
- GRIP Leadership Training
- Key responsibilities throughout the school
- Scholarships available
- Outdoor Education
- Fabric, Food and Hard Materials Technology
- Digital Technology
Support and Safety:
- Continued emphasis and teaching of social and emotional skills
- Various Wellbeing Programmes embedded throughout the curriculum
- Continuation of our supportive family environment